In addition to his work as a teacher and researcher, Paul has been working actively as a consultant for various colleges and university both in the United States and abroad as they develop or revise language support programs of various kinds.
He has presented public lectures and workshops on first- and second-language writing theory, research and instruction at various colleges and universities both within and outside the United States. He has also presented keynote and plenary addresses at a wide range of local, national and international conferences.
The focus of Paul's consulting may include (but are not limited to) the following areas:
- Determining a suitable administrative structure for composition and ESL programs.
- Developing a theoretically-sound and sustainable language-support programs.
- Strengthening the collaboration among various writing and language programs.
- Preparing composition teachers to work effectively with multilingual writers.
- Preparing ESL teachers to teach writing effectively.
- Assessing the staffing needs for language-support programs.
- Developing writing programs outside the United States.
For more information, please see Paul's curriculum vitae.